"Reserve" seats for a course

Hi everyone,

We are very new to Docebo so hopefully this isn’t too basic of a question…

Our ILT courses have limited number of seats available. Some of our customers will purchase x-number of seats without knowing who exactly they will send to the course (sometimes only known 1-2 days in advance).

We would like to keep track of the number of available seats in Docebo. So, my question is: Is there a way to “block” seats, or “reserve” seats for a customer so that we can keep track of available seats but later be able to assign those seats to specific named users?

Thanks,

Tim

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I think there is no way to book a number of seats for a single person, maybe you can manage the tracking outside the system, manually decrease the no. of seats in the system, and when you have identified learners, you can enroll them manually into the ILT course/sessions or increase the maximum enrollments so learners will have available seats.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi, @tbrewer 

I don’t think there’s a way to reserve seats for a specific customer.

What I would suggest is the Advanced settings of the course > Catalog options

Allow users to self enroll, but activate the option of “Pending admin approval” so that you have control on who is enrolled in the course. If you do this, then it is important to set the notification to  “ User waiting to be approved to an ILT sessions” to receive a message that you have to check this.

You could also set a Maximum quota, as @jlreonal  suggested to restrict the total enrollments for that ILT

Hi,@tbrewer 

I don’t think there’s a way to reserve seats for a specific customer.

What I would suggest is the Advanced settings of the course > Catalog options

Allow users to self enroll, but activate the option of “Pending admin approval” so that you have control on who is enrolled in the course. If you do this, then it is important to set the notification to  “ User waiting to be approved to an ILT sessions” to receive a message that you have to check this.

You could also set a Maximum quota, as@jlreonal  suggested to restrict the total enrollments for that ILT

Thanks, Rosalie… unfortunately, we don’t allow or students to self-enroll for a couple of different reasons. It seems like there is not really any solution for my situation. But thanks for answering!

I think there is no way to book a number of seats for a single person, maybe you can manage the tracking outside the system, manually decrease the no. of seats in the system, and when you have identified learners, you can enroll them manually into the ILT course/sessions or increase the maximum enrollments so learners will have available seats.

Thanks, but we are trying to get everything inside of Docebo, not in a separate file (which is what we currently do… and are trying to change :)  )