Question

Reset E-signature for a given user?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear all

I have creating a course with an e-signature. I have created it, tested it and it is working fine. But I wanted to demonstrate it to my boss… I was not able to, as the e-signature part permanent (“well you see here, you see an instruction message, and you receive an email message. Then you enter the code et voilà”).

Is there a trick to remove the e-signature for user A ?

If not, wouldn’t it be a cool improvement?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bouben since e-Signature is an authentication method, I doubt there is a back-out strategy for this. I tested as well but opted not to use it since once installed on a course it cannot be removed and anyone taking the course would need to install the app, and go through the e-Sign process...you need to be quite sure about use this option.

If you want to demonstrate the function, I would recommend you create a few test IDs and use those for your demos.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @lrnlab. The e-signature is used internally to “prove” that my users have read and completed the technical consent (I have done this, installed that and using the best practices in term of security) and “signed” it.

NB: it is always bugging me as an super admin to not be “all-mighty” and revert a “simple” status 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I hear you...😄