Best Answer

Returning to previous page in Docebo

• 28 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Does anyone know why it’s often impossible to return directly to the previous page in the Admin Menu and other areas of Docebo? It’s possible at the very top of the menu, but once I get to second level links or below, there’s no way to do it. This adds to the workload when editing multiple courses or users, because once you’ve loaded a page there’s no direct path back to the previous one. For example, right now I’m editing the course code for almost 80 courses spread over 4 pages in Course Management. Once I’m on page 2 of the course list, clicking the back arrow in either Docebo or my browser always returns me to page 1 rather than page 2. This isn’t a big deal if you only have a few edits to make, but it can get frustrating when you have many to do. I tried getting around this by opening the edit link in a new tab, but for some reason that option is disabled as well.

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 7 November 2022, 23:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey - so most of the time this is becasue the pages are basically one page web apps, so the browser does not load what you perceive of as separate pages as an actual page change. It’s a platform architectural problem for sure.

@lrodman started an idea on it that needs some more info and some voting:

Also, your example there, I am adding to my list for a new series of articles I am working on that would let you do those updates using the API Browser quick and easily. Marking this so I can circle back later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @Bfarkas 😀

I’d definitely be interested in your article about the API Browser. I’ve also created a new idea for this as the previous one by @lrodman needed more info. Hopefully, it can gain some traction in the community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

voted!