Best Answer

Reverting completion to in progress automatically

• 19 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there a way that completed courses can revert to ‘in progress’ status when new materials are added?

We have started to experiment with using Docebo as a repository for important compliance materials, which we store in courses as learning materials.  We chose to use Docebo for this so we could automate reminders and check completion easily through reporting.

The problem arises when we have to add new compliance documents or update current documents.  The courses maintain their completed status, so any reminders for updates will not be sent as they are linked to completion.  It also appears to the user that there is nothing more to download.

I know I can update this manually, but we’d like a way for it to be automated.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 19 August 2022, 16:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not to my knowledge. Since Docebo only tracks completion on a course once, adding new materials does not affect the user’s status. Perhaps this will change once the multiple completion enhancement is released. we’ll have to wait and see.

Workaround: have you thought about using the “Send email” option from the Enrolments tab? You could filter to only completed users and then send them a custom email to alert them that some new content has been added/modified.

Another idea (I haven't tested) could potentially work, where when you add new content, you make that content the “end object marker”. perhaps you can test that to se if resets a course to “in progress” since you are also changing the course behaviour…??