Skip to main content

Scorm Courses

• 15 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I produce my videos via Scorm. The reason I do this, as I build clicks into my training. I.e. click here to access this, click here to go to the next section. etc. The video pauses until they click

I believe the Docebo player does not support these options, it just plays through the clicks. 

For the Scorm, I noticed that I can have the video playing as I have another Tab open or something over top of it. So, its just playing in the background. 

I like the way the Docebo player stops the video if you navigate away from it.

Question:

1. Are my assumptions about the Docebo player correct? i.e. it will ignor the pause and clicks?
  2. Does anyone know a way to configure scorm, so that if a user navigates away from it, it will stop the video from running in the background?

Thanks,
Michael

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are right about question #1 - The video player does not support clicks or interactions because it is playing an MP4.  At least at this time, I am not aware of the player supporting this type of interaction. 

For #2 - I can’t think of anything off the top of my head that would do that.  There might be some other clever folks out there who might have figured this out.