Question

Setting Waiting List Limits

• 16 January 2023
  • 4 replies

HI.

I am in the process of setting up Docebo to handle our ILT sessions and one of the things I am struggling with is waiting lists.

Is there a way to limit the number of waiting list spaces available?

Our training sessions have a maximum number of 8 places available, so ideally I want to be able to limit the number on the waiting list to be no more than 2 - otherwise there could potentially be 20 people on the waiting list which is useless. Is this possible?

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

you might try using the CSS code...we added it to our sandbox and it seems to work well

Thank you - but I still have no idea what any of that means or how I am to implement it.

Also, it does not really address my question - how can I set a limit to the number of people allowed to be on a waiting list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sorry mis-read your title. 

The above is CSS code you can add to the Configuration & Branding to customize the user page to show the number of seats remaining.

That said, and to answer your question, other than setting the Max Quota (under Catalogue options) for their course,

I do not believe there is anyway to limit the number of users the waitlist can hold. Not sure if that setting has any impact the waitlist limit so may want to test it out.

Thank you for your help - I’ll give this all a go and see what happens.

D