Best Answer

Target Equivalency

• 16 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey, I’m confused by the guidance on equivalencies. Can someone please confirm for me that I did this correctly?

If someone takes either “Section 1” course, “Micro-Intervention” is marked complete. If “Micro-intervention” is completed, there is no effect on the Section 1 courses.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by EmilyW_Tacoma 17 February 2024, 00:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hard to see fully but if you have a “mutual equivalency”, that means that either course, when completed, will give credit to the other course and mark it as completed as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab I am showing the course “Micro-Intervention” and I have the “Section 1” courses set as Source. They are the source courses for Micro-intervention, but I’m having a hard time with the guidance as to whether I’m listing them as target or source on this page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Well if Section is the “source” course for “Micro-intervention” then once Section 1 is completed, it will mark the other course as done as well. Always good to test the effects of these settings...honestly I dont see that much different between using source and target since both associated courses show on the user transcript anyway (dont like this but that’s what it does regardless)

Userlevel 3
Badge

For anyone interested, I called Docebo support and I was backward from what I intended as the functionality. Section 1 courses are now “target” to make it so that someone completing this course does not get credit for Section 1, but section 1 courses mark this course as complete. 

Userlevel 1

Can this be elaborated  a little clearer? The descriptions for us NON-technical admins can be quite confusing when  we work with visual, charts, flows daily.

Flow chart would be great  A=Source / B=Target  and hopefully mutual  means bi-directional.  If A is the source and it is complete… is B also complete?  or am I backwards?  

I have 4 specific courses that i need 2 sets of equivalencies - single direction. Complete A will give credit for B but not bi-directional. What is the target, what is the source?

Also can e-learning now be equivalent to an ILT as we pivot to advance more e-learning courses vs travelling. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Robin H absolutely agree that it would be nice if they made it clearer. Here’s the help desk page for it: Configuring course equivalencies – Docebo Help & Support

My issue is which one shows which to know that you’ve done it right. I thought I had it right but then looked at Docebo and took a new screenshot and it doesn’t look like I changed it from above even though I said I understood now. I haven’t been able to test it because the course is only offered once a year in the fall. I did learn the hard way last week that it’s not retroactive, so I had to export all the people from the source course and manually pass them through the target courses.