Question

Tasks Widget Settings

• 28 November 2023
  • 3 replies

We want to use the Task Widget on our homepage to show front and center courses that haven’t been started and courses in progress.

Currently, we use a channel widget to show this but we like how the Task Widget looks.

The issue is, the Task widget for these two types of courses is showing courses we have unpublished first. 

I looked in our settings and for channels we have set to show “newest to oldest” but it doesn’t do this in the widget, only on the page once you click into it (see progression of screenshots).

Has anyone run into this issue before and found a workaround? or is this a bug/idea that I should submit to have fixed?

homepage with Task Widgets; courses are showing alphabetically
what it shows when I click ‘view all’ from home screen - defaults to newest to oldest, which is how our settings are and what we want
settings
what happens when I change sorting option to A - Z (also how it displays on home screen, which doesn’t follow our settings)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Random thought…the screenshots you are logged in as a system admin? Have you tried a standard user level and if you see the same behaviors?

I have tried that and it’s the same thing - different courses are seen, depending on their permissions, but same behavior.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I have tried that and it’s the same thing - different courses are seen, depending on their permissions, but same behavior.

Cool, just wanted to make sure, definitely sounds interesting behavior.