Question

Teams Enrollment in MYteams

• 6 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to add a group to a manager? 

I’m currently manually adding employees to a direct manager in the sandbox but this isn’t feasible for our growing teams. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@cshea I don’t think I’ve ever seen a way to add a group to a direct manager,

What I’ve done in the past is to use the Automation app, a .csv spreadsheet and the Direct Manager field. Here’s the basic process:

1. Have access to a secure FTP site outside of Docebo Learn
  2. Create a spreadsheet of learners with at least the following information:
    a. The username of the learner
    b. The username of the direct manager
  3. Upload the spreadsheet to your secure FTP site as a .csv file.
  4. With the Automation App enabled in your platform, create a new SCHEDULED rule. If you want you can leave the default time/date and just use it on an ad hoc basic.
  5. In the rule, select the “The Admin has uploaded a file in an FTP folder” condition.
    a. Complete the form so that it connects successfully to your secure FPT site. Click Save Changes.
    b. Click Next
  6. Define the action as “Import Users via CSV”
    a. Click Import Schema.
    b. Click Add New Column, and select Username for Column 1. Repeat this step for Column 2, and select Direct Manager.
    c. Click Save Changes

Use the Docebo KB to learn more about the Automation App, but what I’ve outlined here are the key pieces you need to associate a learner with their direct manager. When this association exists, the learner SHOULD appear on the direct manager’s My Team page.

Good luck!  A bit complex to get set up, and a world-of-time-saver after you have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is there a way to add a group to a manager? 

I’m currently manually adding employees to a direct manager in the sandbox but this isn’t feasible for our growing teams. 

Oh … I forgot… the Automation app only works with production platforms, not sandboxes.

Userlevel 3

we have left it to the direct manager to grab their team members through the add teams as it was getting so difficult