Best Answer

The use for enrollment rule notifications?

• 19 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all,

I was just wondering what the use case is for enrollment rule notifications.

We have quite a few notifications that trigger, say, when a user is enrolled in a learning plan or course, but none are linked to the corresponding enrollment rule. What is the use of doing this opposed to just creating a notification based on enrollment events and not the rule itself?

Thanks! Just - super curious about this.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 20 April 2023, 15:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I was told by support that if you have a notification tied to the course or LP you are assigning, it should appear in the list but we’ve never seen anything on this tab;

If you read the KB article, it is very specific about what you need to do to get it to appear

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128579-Activating-and-Managing-the-Enrollment-Rules-App#subtitle-6

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the info!

This makes sense. I now seeing it working similar to the catalog tab in a course showing the catalogs that are tied to the course and autopopulating accordingly.

It would be useful to see, at a glance, what notifications are tied to the content included in an autoenrollment rule. Maybe it’s something I need to bring up as a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks for the info!

This makes sense. I now seeing it working similar to the catalog tab in a course showing the catalogs that are tied to the course and autopopulating accordingly.

It would be useful to see, at a glance, what notifications are tied to the content included in an autoenrollment rule. Maybe it’s something I need to bring up as a bug?

Don't think it’s a bug...they do say it only works with the digest version of User enrolled in a course but I agree that knowing what notification are tied to which items would make a lot of sense...maybe not on this app but an improvement to the Notifications app is overdue and Ould use this.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Anyone who sees this - please upvote this

idea: https://community.docebo.com/ideas/shortcuts%2Dto%2Dlink%2Dcourses%2Dto%2Dnotifications%2D2907

Thank you!