Question

Tracking Quiz Attempts

• 14 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi Docebo Team!

Curious about quiz tracking. After some digging I’ve found that Docebo only stores the most recent quiz attempt score. I am wondering if there is any data stored about how many times it takes a user to pass a test? Use Case: We are setting our accepted passing score to 100%, and are wondering if we will be able to see how many attempts it takes users to reach the 100% score (User A took 4 times to pass)

Thanks for your help!

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

are you using a SCORM based quiz?

if so in the course management > reports> training material select the scorm package where the quiz is

example:

This shows the first attempt ( counts from Zero) at the question (you can look at an individuals response if you select that individual in the report

scroll down and you will see  subsequent attempts

Hope this helps

Gary

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Gary Jarvis- I guess that is assuming that the person imported the SCORM file as a SCORM 2004 version?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Should also work with SCORM 1.2

Userlevel 4
Badge

@cfriedman - here is an intriguing workaround...take a look at EasyGenerator….it generates SCORM packages, but it also is running an LRS (Learning Record Store) quietly and the SCOs will communicate with the EG platform via xAPI...and show all the scores. More intriguing? It will actually pass the person question insights into a question being too easy or too hard based on a statistical analysis of how people are doing with the question.

Hope you find this to be an approach you can use.

Note - the folks at EasyGenerator did not pay me to endorse their product. :laughing:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Should also work with SCORM 1.2

@Gary Jarvis This is what I get when I click on Answers Breakdown….

The SCO I am working with allows you to submit at the end of the course your attempt.

I can see the CMI interactions though…

Thanks @dklinger and @Gary Jarvis for the suggestions for using a SCORM based quiz! We have been working with the learning material that can be generated within Docebo (+ Training Material » Create » Test) and are looking for solutions within that template for the time being. Do you happen to know about these capabilities?