Best Answer

Training Completion Time Frame

• 10 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

When a user completes a required training and takes the quiz, how long does it take to reflect that on report? Does it take 24 hours or it’s immediately reflected? 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Daniel 25 July 2023, 01:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @lilyschlossin 

I tested this on our platform and the quiz results and course completion are reflected immediately in the REPORTS area of the Course Management menu as shown below. I haven’t tested it on other parts of the platform, but I imagine it would be the same.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @lilyschlossin 

Docebo improved the data refresh, the systems automatically trigger a data refresh where data is older than 4 hours. More details here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Rosalie 

Could you explain a bit more about how the data refresh works? Is there a delay before the data shown live on the platform is reflected in the data lake?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Daniel 

If you press the link that I provided, Docebo explains more in detail how the refresh works. Also in this link Docebo answers relevant questions: 

Essentially, what it happened in the past is that the refresh was at every 24 hours if I’m not mistaken.

Now, it happens every 4 hours. When you run a report, the systems look at the data you are requesting and if the data is inside the latest 4 hour refresh then you get the report immediately. If it requires a new refresh of the data the system will run the job in the background, your report will take more time to generate, but in the end you will have it with the most updated information. 

I hope it helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Rosalie

Thanks for the explanation! It looks like the data refresh is going to be improved even more in the near future.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Rosalie

Thanks for the explanation! It looks like the data refresh is going to be improved even more in the near future.

That’s even better. Thanks for sharing :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all,

I just wanted to summarize this for future reference.

The answer to the original post is “it depends”.

If you are talking about the QUICK SUMMARY REPORTS & DASHBOARDS in the New Reports section, there is no delay and the data displayed is real-time.

If you are talking about the CUSTOM REPORTS BUILDER in the New Reports section, this is a snapshot of the live data and not real-time. It is currently updated on average every 4 hours, but the data latency will be improved to within 1 hour in the near future as described in the following post.

For more details on the automatic update process for Custom Reports, please see this article