Best Answer

Turn off enrollments, but allow visibility to Course Description for ILT?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m trying to see if we can turn off enrollments to an ILT course, but still allow people to get to the course description page.  Currently, enrollment links for our ILTs are on a special page for easy user access.  We still want to have that special page so our users can find those ILT courses and be able to get to the course description to learn about the course, just not be able to enroll in it. I feel like I’m missing some sort of setting.  Any ideas on if that is possible?

The reason for this need is because we have discovered an issue where ILT courses that require payment are for some reason allowing users to enroll into them without payment.  We currently have a ticket open for the issue but want a way for our clients to still be able to see the course information without enrolling into the course.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by angel.maenza 4 May 2021, 18:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Have you tried setting enrollment policy? Under the course settings: Advanced Properties > Catalog Options

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you! We are playing with that setting right now.  I think our issue is that we are using enrollment links onto our page, so when someone clicks the enrollment link they get an error saying enrollments are not allowed and the user is redirected to their homepage. 

I’m wondering if we use that setting you posted and instead of using the enrollment link, using the URL for that course description page as the link.