Skip to main content

Uploading a SCORM in ILT/VILT course

Hi all,

The recent update from Docebo enables us to upload SCORM file training material in ILT/VILT course. Can anyone share with me the case scenarios or how I can take full advantage of this new update in an organization? I also would like to understand the impact it will bring if we would like to use it, especially in VILT?

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We have used it for a blended approach to training.  For example, a learner signs up the vILT and has to complete a SCORM package before the session to get a base understanding of the topic.  Alternatively, switch it round so they attend the session and then have to complete a SCORM package to complete the course (maybe a quiz / scenario based interaction).

In my opinion, it is still missing a trick however.  We were hoping that we could use this functionality so that if someone missed the live ILT session (hasn’t actually enrolled on it), they could access the recording as a SCORM package, meaning that we only have 1 course on the subject.  This is not the case unfortunately, as learners cannot enrol onto a course and access the content if there are no other sessions available.  This means we still have to create 2 versions of the same thing = very confusing for our learners. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You can use the SCORM content as a way to help reinforce the content outside of the ILT sessions.  For example, fun interactive exercises, short quizzes, games, or hands on practice with software simulation style training. 

This is also a way to create assignments that do not require grading from the Instructor.  This can help save time (and money if paying for instructor time).