Best Answer

Use Admin Gear Menu as Landing Page

• 2 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Is there anyway to make the admin gear menu a landing page.  It’s pretty annoying as a superadmin to have to click the gear from the landing page constantly.  It would be better to have it as the main page.

icon

Best answer by pmo 3 July 2023, 22:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

have you tried creating a page with the admin link? That’s the only way I can think of that might work...never tried it...we use custom content boxes to go to specific admin menus instead, like Course Management, User Management and Reports across the top of the homepage 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi,

Is there anyway to make the admin gear menu a landing page.  It’s pretty annoying as a superadmin to have to click the gear from the landing page constantly.  It would be better to have it as the main page.

I appreciate your thoughts here. Have considered creating your own superadmin landing page with your most heavily used links. In DU I created a group and a specialized menu so that I have my own landing page to admin from. You can even potentially iframe in other tools or dashboards.

Userlevel 2

Yes - I was trying to avoid creating a custom page.  I would have to add all 30 links on the admin page to a custom admin page. They really should just let us set the admin menu as a landing page.