Skip to main content

Use of card readers for registering attendees

• 24 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Hi, friends….for my first post...we have a swipe card system (magnetic, not bar-coded) in our facilities that is used for access to the buildings and, based on requirements, access to various areas of the operation. I have swipe readers on my 2 training rooms, and access is limited to my team. The system records swipes, whether successful or not, and the swipes get saved in the system. I asked my Security Manager if I could get files for the times training is conducted in the rooms, and rather than having people sign paper forms to show attendance, we’re planning on having attendees swipe at the door, and using the file for loading into Docebo for recording attendance and giving credit. 

But the question I have is this: does anyone have/use a stand-alone and portable system that can be used in other facilities? I have training going on in locations where swipe readers are not used, but if I can get something that I can bring with me to remote locations and use it to record attendance and upload the data to my computer, that would be a win for us.  

0 replies

Be the first to reply!