Skip to main content
Best Answer

User Registration -- Make United States the default country

• 15 November 2021
  • 11 replies

Good day everyone. I’m looking to see if there’s a way to make the United States the default choice for country when a user is asked to self register, or make a credit card payment. Ideally we’d like to eliminate the other countries as choices.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Jamie

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Defaults for new user accounts would be great. Unfortunately this is not available in Docebo.

We’ve implemented a recipe on Workato which is using the API to set some default values for all newly created accounts on our platform.

Userlevel 2

Thanks so much. I’ll have a look at their site. I’m assuming that these are newly created accounts are via an integration not the registration process.

Thanks again for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We actually use Workato for self created accounts, as for them, there is no way to enforce any defaults.

We also have provisioning from the HR system, but this process is configuring all values and settings upon the user creation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

One thing to note, Workato is also available from Docebo, branded as Docebo Connect - https://www.docebo.com/products/connect/

Userlevel 2

Thanks. I’ve had a conversation with Workato and will have one with Docebo. Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Any ideas for checkout?

Userlevel 2

We haven’t progressed as far as I’d like on this. One of our projects we just had to abandon Docebo as Workato was pretty expensive and Docebo’s version was even more expensive.

I’m thinking we’ll probably use WordPress more to publish our catalog and use the WooCommerce checkout plugin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

How do wordpress and woocommerce work with docebo?

Do I have to externally host the wordpress site? Or can it live within my docebo implementation both as far as storage of content and URLs?

Userlevel 2

Docebo has a plugin for WordPress. It has to be installed on both sites. I’m in early days of testing so I don’t know how it will all turn out.  https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128439-Docebo-for-WordPress

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes I saw before.

Ok so the wordpress wouldn’t live within docebo. Still, if that would allow me to surface wordpress pages within docebo especially mobile app, that would be cool… hmm...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It says it has to be hosted at wordpress.org - I can’t host my own wordpress instance in a website subdomain using cpanel etc to install it? It would be vanilla wordpress.