Question

Virtual Coach - what influences the responses?

• 22 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 41 replies

So we just turned on the Virtual Coach to have a play and we would love to understand what we can tweak in our Descriptions etc to influence the responses. If we ask for a piece of content on a specific topic which we know has a course with that topic in the title, and/or in the description we usually get linked to a completely different course that on the face of it is not the right thing. Obviously we can ask for something else but its not clear how the choice is made, or what weighting measures are used. If we can get a little more insight we can tweak our content to work better with the VC. 

We should not have to rely just on the users responding to the suggestions - this leads to frustration quickly and they will abandon their use of the Coach.

Any Docebians able to shed any insight here?

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @mwd , 

Have you had a look at the suggestions on how to interact with the Virtual Coach in Docebo Help

You can find a general article with suggestions, as well as specific articles with interaction examples on:

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Annalisa - unfortunately that doesn’t answer my question. I was not asking about how to interact as a user, but what we can do as admins and authors to understand the way the algorithm works to ensure our users get the best outcomes to their questions. There is obvious training and learning going on but which pieces of information in a course description/module/etc is being used to determine the scoring to then make the suggestion for content

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mwd Do you have any insights on the VC and how it measures/weights user input? I can't seem to find anything besides helpdesk articles. Looking to learn more about the VC and how it operates.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@mwd Do you have any insights on the VC and how it measures/weights user input? I can't seem to find anything besides helpdesk articles. Looking to learn more about the VC and how it operates.

Right now, no. We have a call with Docebo to discuss the topic tomorrow so I can update here once we understand it better

@mwd did you learn anything from your call w/ Docebo? We’re getting ready to implement Docebo and have been trying to understand how to configure everything so that the VC feeds relevant info.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi - I did but not in a good way. The outcome is that there is nothing we can currently influence through config. VC is essentially a closed black box :-(

That’s not good to hear…