Badge +5

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Daniel 14 September 2022, 02:07

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’m pretty sure it uses the same font as the desktop app which is Segoe UI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@lrodman I checked with the help desk and they told me that the font used for Go.learn is actually Open-Sans. Apologies for suggesting it was Segoe UI in my previous answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

All good - why the two different fonts? I guess I’ll optimize for desktops.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Curious, just checked the desktop and its Open Sans too, are you sure you arent customizing the font there? It seems to be the same on both.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas You are right. For some reason I’d always assumed it was Segoe UI. I think I may have got mixed up with another website. 

@lrodman They both use the same font, which is Open Sans. Apologies for any confusion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Bfarkas You are right. For some reason I’d always assumed it was Segoe UI. I think I may have got mixed up with another website. 

@lrodman They both use the same font, which is Open Sans. Apologies for any confusion!

Prob a microsoft app or site of some sort since its their font :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well, off to remake some banners ;)

At least I caught it early!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Well, off to remake some banners ;)

At least I caught it early!

This is why text in images is not great, among other things :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah…

Any ideas for a non-text-in-images way to do this? HTML tables I guess, but god knows what would happen on mobile..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Any ideas for how to get away from text in images here?

Tables I presume would not be good for mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Any ideas for how to get away from text in images here?

Tables I presume would not be good for mobile.

Tables are for tabular data, not layout (except for certificates and emails :) )

The question comes in, how is that image being added currently?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s an adobe illustrator .ai → png I made. Inserted as a custom image widget.

Could just as easily be hosted on my s3 and be a background in an html widget with foreground text (obviously a version of the image without text)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you have already uploaded into an image widget, you can reference it in other places and use as a background image in html widgets if you wanted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As in that image is live forever as long as I don’t delete it from uploaded-images? Yeah I figured. Still probably easier to work with s3 for updating.

Background image gets stripped from html widgets. Any suggestions for how to code it (html text over the image with text removed)?

I keep pressing alt-s to try to send these messages haha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

textless image attached