What is the best way to allow users to post to social media about course completion?

• 15 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

We would like users to have the ability to post to social media to announce at the point when when they complete a course.

I understand that the way users can share on social media a badge they have gained which corresponds to completing a particular course. However, to do this it appears the user needs to go to “My Badges and Points”. We would like to capture the users enthusiasm at the point of course completion. Does anyone have a way they prompt or encourage users to share their achievement from the course completion screen in the course player?

Cheers,

Jonathan

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’ve not tried it but there is this option within Advanced Settings in the course:

Only LinkedIn and Twitter though!

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Do you want for every course or certain courses or certain types? Another (not quick or simple) way to go is to do badges for those you wish, and then setup one of the services that lets you share badges with any of the social channels.

I’ve not tried it but there is this option within Advanced Settings in the course:

Only LinkedIn and Twitter though!

Hope this helps?

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply! 

Unfortunately, we had to disable this option because the default text which autofills in the post is an error message (see attachment). We didn’t think this was suitable and so Docebo Support recommended using the gamifications app and Badges instead.

Best,

Jonathan

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Oh @Jonathan Crichton - that’s no good!  I’ve just tested mine (although we don’t use the option) and we get the same result.  We are on MS Edge v 105.0.1343.42 (which says it is up to date).

I wonder if this a Docebo or LinkedIn thing?  Or a bit of both?

Do you know if Docebo are looking into it, or are they just telling people to use the work around?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

probably somewhere in the middle, but my guess is more on docebo side since those blurbs are usually filled based on header tag data being fed to them from the link. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Can I steal this thread? Since the above method is now no longer supported, I just completed the steps for sharing a badge to my LinkedIn. Which is a shame because the SHARE is right in the course.

The number of steps made it so cumbersome I made a how to guide. Let me tell you the number of people I expect to use this feature (the answer is zero). So, do we know of the future gamification improvements? Do we expect to see: 

• A badge is available if you complete an LP or course? Right now there’s no hook 
  • Easier social media sharing? A popup once the learning plan is done? 
  • Easier way to see points associated with courses?
  • Mobile? 

Thanks! But look how cute this badge is, I want it to be easier to share!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Docebo really needs to remove the option to share on Social media from the course properties.  If the feature is depreciated, and someone (like a power user) who can create courses goes through the course properties, there is nothing stopping them from selecting the option to allow sharing. 

This leads to poor user experience.