Best Answer

Where to store UAN for Continuing Education courses?

• 11 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

Via Docebo, we are offering courses that have been accredited. Once a learner completes the necessary coursework, I need to be able to submit a report to the accrediting body in order to grant the learner their earned credits. Each accredited course has a unique identifier (the UAN ID) which must appear in the report in order for the accrediting body to know which course the learner consumed. I don’t know where to store the UAN ID in a way that I can then later pull into a report. Currently I’m thinking the Code field might be the best option. Has anyone found a way to solve for this requirement? 

Thanks much!

icon

Best answer by jlreonal 12 April 2023, 08:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @TQuilliam - I’d agree the Course Code is the best option. We use this field also for the same purpose.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You could use an additional field, but the course field if not being used for some other purpose at your company was really made for this exact scenario.

Thank you both! I really appreciation the quick help. I will use the Code field!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes, we use the course, for example 00154-ATC-8585-11

00154 is our course number.

ATC is one of our branches.

8585-11 is the accreditation code.

By using the above format, we extract the information via excel and then we can use the text to column functionality to strip out the course code etc.

Thanks, @simonogdon - that is really helpful to see your convention. Something like that could work really well for us too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you both! I really appreciation the quick help. I will use the Code field!

If doable, highly recommend automating or doing these programmatically to make them as perfect and usable as possible :)