Best Answer

Why learners are not getting certified for the additional certificate attached to the course?

• 29 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Why learners are not getting certified for the additional certificate attached to the course? The learner is getting certified to the main certificate but not getting certified for the additional certificate-

Getting certified for the default certificate but additional certificate is not assigned to learner completing the course!

icon

Best answer by Rosalie 29 February 2024, 13:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi, 

It is the expected behavior based on the KB.https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020084280-Creating-and-Managing-Certificates#h_01H95YY3YYN5AP0T2CA1VY7PME

The purpose of having multiple certificates is the ability to give the same certificate but personalized based on branches or group belonging. Let’s say that you deliver a course and depending on the department the user belongs you want to include different details. In this case, you will use a different certificate template for Marketing and another one for Finance people.

I hope it helps.

Badge

I somewhat get your concept, so do you mean its not possible to assign two certificates to participants who completes a particular course? We have one main certificate and one additional transcript which compliments the main certificate and we want to award the two certificates to all those who completes the course to which the two certificates are assigned..

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The idea of the additional certificate is to be able to offer users in different branches or groups that complete the same course, with a different certificate. For example, if you use sub domains and they are customized with their logos and colours etc, you can attach a custom cert for the course but only for users in a specific branch or group. Same goes if the course provide some kind of CE credits for only for certain groups of users. These usually carry some kind of code to certify the authenticity of the CE credits but for other this could be neither wanted or needed for their job although they completed the same course...does that help?

Badge

Thanks as always! I got your logic of the additional certificate somehow verifying the main one or atleast complementing it right? We have one main certificate and one additional transcript which compliments the main certificate and we want to award the two certificates to all those who completes the course to which the two certificates are assigned..Can I not do that or to assign the secondary certificate I have to create a different course with same metadata almost and assign this secondary certificate as the main(default) one in order the participants to be awarded both the certificates?

Badge

Can someone please reply, I can generate two certificates from one course right? One main default one and one additional certificate?

Badge

I assigned a test user to a group and attached the group to the additional certificate and now I am able to download the additional certificate for the user but not the default certificate anymore, is it a known behavior that only one certificate can be downloaded, I know only one additional certificate can be downloaded and the default certificate, so two in total? Please someone assist here?