Question

Zoom changing session times after Daylight Savings

• 20 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Has anyone had issues with the Zoom Integration when scheduling past Nov. 7th?

We just figured out that when we schedule a session though Zoom it works fine, unless the session is scheduled past the next scheduled Daylight Savings Time. I’ve spoke to support and they indicated it was on Zooms side, but Zoom is saying opposite. I am stuck in the middle with no solution. All our sessions (after Nov. 7th) are correct in Docebo, but in our Zoom Account everything shifts by one hour. I have a video I can share, but the Community file restrictions won’t upload here. 

Thanks for any help you can provide if you have run into this issue!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stephanie Dreiling haven’t heard this issue from the ops team and we’ve had zoom in place over 1 year now. Could it be that Zoom has a setting to apply daylight savings somewhere?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stephanie Dreiling haven’t heard this issue from the ops team and we’ve had zoom in place over 1 year now. Could it be that Zoom has a setting to apply daylight savings somewhere?

Ya, we didn’t notice it until just this year. But if you ask your Ops team to create a test session for a date past Nov. 7th, then log into their Zoom account and confirm the account times, I would be curious if they run into the same thing.

And I’m with you our accounts been integrated for a  year or more and this is the first time we’ve had the issue!

Userlevel 4

We had similar issue but it was not with Zoom integration. We pull information from the course and session for our website and what we noticed was that Docebo stores start and end times at the session level that are pulled from the events. When you enter the events you put in the local time and also the time zone. But when Docebo collects the earliest events start time and the latest events end time, it stores it at the session level in GMT.

So if you have an event that ends 11/06/2021 at 6 pm MST it will be 11 pm GMT. But if you have one on 11/07/2021 at 6 pm MST it will be 12 am on 11/08/2021. So I am not certain when it comes to the integration what date/time is sent to Zoom, if it is the individual times from the events or if they are utilizing the start and end times from the session levels.