Question

Automated Time Zone Management

• 14 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Has anyone figured out how to manage time zones automatically for users?
This thread about APIs and Power Automate seems to be the best shot at it, but I am not a M365 institution.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@willingworth are you asking about how Docebo can now recognize and prompt a user to update their timezone? It should happen automatically...I see it occasionally when I impersonate a user who is not in my time zone. You might need to allow users to update their time zone to see this...

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @lrnlab - that is a helpful feature, but no. I want to import it via API, SSO, or otherwise manage in from an admin level.

The prompt is a great improvement, but I’d rather just set it from data I already have to reduce user burden.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you're using the user CSV import you can build a lookup table with time zones based on some other property on their profiles such as city, state, province, country, etc. That’s what I do for all my imports.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We’re in an API sync setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you should be able to do the same but you would need to add a step where your source file uses a lookup table to match up the time zones, then create a final file that your API will use to sync up your data in the LMS