Question

Can there be a prerequisite course for Learning Plan within a Channel?

• 15 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone!

I’m creating an onboarding channel for new hires and have come across a question about prerequisites that I’m hoping someone has some suggestions for.

The onboarding channel is made up of learning plans which hold content for Our Culture, Our Clients, Our Brand etc… What we’d like to do is have a course that needs to be completed before those learning plans are ‘unlocked’ which explains to them what their onboarding looks like, and some suggestions for using the platform before they get stuck in.

Essentially the steps would be:

1. New Hire logs on and can see their onboarding channel
  2. All learning plans within the channel are ‘locked’ other than the Navigating Your Onboarding course.
  3. Once the Navigating course is completed, the learning plans are unlocked.

Has anyone tried this or got any ideas for how it might be achievable?

Thanks so much in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Good morning @SineadFormby I like this idea of “rolling access” for new hires so they don’t feel overwhelmed with too much content too soon.

Is it important to the learner’s experience that they see the locked Learning Plans right away?

If that view is flexible, perhaps you could have the New Hires auto-enrolled into the pre-req only (without seeing the upcoming locked LPs) -- and when that important first course is completed -- use that course completion as a conditional enrollment into a new Group that is assigned to all the unlocked Learning Plans.

Userlevel 1

thanks @jason.moore that’s a really good idea, I’ve played around with the landing page now and created a Navigating Your Onboarding widget to take them to the course and then the grouping once they’ve completed it like you suggested. Thanks again!