Best Answer

Creating a test out option within Docebo

• 19 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I’ve read the post here about a test out assessment, but my remaining question is:

Should the assessment be created as a Docebo Test? Or should the assessment be created in another product (e.g. Storyline 360)?

TIA.

icon

Best answer by dklinger 19 October 2023, 02:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dgoodman_ut - good evening. It all depends. I KNOW I HATE THAT ANSWER TOO!

You can - in theory - support a test out using either approach. What is important is to consider a few things:

• do you make mostly courses external of Docebo? If yes, follow suit. Build it in Articulate 360.
  • do you make mostly courses content in Docebo? Then build it following the other post.
  • are you concerned about content portability at any level? Definitely build outside of Docebo (some will offer me feedback with that note - I welcome it).

Last note is one on containership….

Docebo supports a relationship of being able to use many training materials in a course.

A course built in Articulate 360? Is going to be a training material in Docebo.

You can - in theory - support a pre-test and a test out experience with a single training material if you work with Storyline 360. As far as I know - you cannot do that a single training material built in Docebo.

The post that describes using a test out? Leverages using end markers with training materials….again it is doable, or multiple courses (courses completions helping to map to other course materials) compared to training material powering it all in a single experience). 

I know this can sound confusing especially when you come from other systems that do not have the same levels of containership supported. But if you want a little more on this? Let me know - I am happy to discuss (I may not have the exact personal experience that the other posting describes - especially having multiple training materials that support an end-marker, but I get the theory).