CSV bulk enrollment into a learning plan and then assign into cohorts (groups?)

• 20 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi! I have created a learning plan.

Now I need to enroll 500 learners into this learning plan divided into cohorts of 5 (groups).

Can someone please provide a step by step walk through on how to do this?

I’ve been reading a lot of articles but I am still confused and not sure where to start. 

Thank you so much. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there are a few ways of skinning this one. A question are you comfortable and have access to making groups?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you are comfortable with those groups being generated, then

1. go into learning plans and Assign Users.

You will see that you have an option to map groups.

Select all of your cohorts and it will be assigned to them.

The next question you may ask is where can the learner pick up where that learning plan has been put?

1. It is available to them in the left hand menu option or page My Courses and Learning Plans

Or have the groups been notified of that mapping? - (and in this case the answer would be - not unless you have notifications app enabled and have mapped to one of the just enrolled a person in a learning plan notification that is “spec’ed” to the groups and learning plans).

Hi there are a few ways of skinning this one. A question are you comfortable and have access to making groups?

Thank you for your kind reply. Yes I feel comfortable making groups (I think) ---Just not sure the steps on how to do this with 500 learner enrollments through a CSV file. 

I just wonder if I can first enroll the 500 learners to the learning plan and then assign to the groups?

I think I just need a confirmation of steps/walk through.

Thank you for your kind help.  I really appreciate this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I would group first and then deploy second. Somewhere in between you probably want to communicate to the learner as well (with the notification app).

Thank you so much! So basically I would have to create groups first and then upload via CSV? I just wonder if i’m able to bulk upload the 500 learners first and then assign each learner to the group as this would seem faster vs creating groups and then uploading learners via CSV--as each group would only have 5 learners.

Thank you very much again for your kind help.