Question

Engaging Home Page Layouts

Userlevel 1

I am looking for some clean and engaging home page layout designs for Learners, Supervisors and Admins.  I’m not a designer so it is always best for me to see examples and copy things that look good.  Does anyone have screenshots or links they can share to give me some ideas?

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I just posted an example the other day.

Have a look. Sky is the limit.

There are a few other threads in the Show and Tell section as well with some examples.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @stacyroderick 

I’m not claiming what we’ve done here is Best in Class, but we (and our user community) like it.

Kennedys Law LLP

Userlevel 1

These are great-thank you!  I’m just looking for the possibilities at this point.  All examples are appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@stacyroderick 

Here is a post with a bunch of examples! 

This post is full of super helpful tips and tricks for when you are ready to create your home page!

Userlevel 1

This is fabulous.  Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Keeping it way simple, here is a full page of “not too much” but people have been finding it pretty effective. The lowest value comes from the one graph/widget of KPIs. To be fair to myself and others? We mostly target folks for learning in the current state. This approach:

1. shoves the Tasks widget up front and center
  2. and the Course Catalog and some “how to videos” to be secondary level elements on the front page. 
  3. the call to action up top with a caroseul up top….and thats about it 🙂.

My only note to you. There is something to making a user experience simple and elegant.

Userlevel 4
Badge

The homepage for my learners looks like this. We are a Government organisation managing Emergency Management training for a number of stakeholders across Government.

The front page is using a range of custom content boxes with links to various sub-pages with content curated for the desired audience. Most have a catalogue of courses, calendar widget and some branding for the area of interest.

The banner near the bottom cycles through various courses people may want to do, top 3 new ones - all using a Google Slide embedded as an html content box.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @stacyroderick 

I’m not claiming what we’ve done here is Best in Class, but we (and our user community) like it.

Kennedys Law LLP

Nice interface well done. How is the bottom “continue your journey...” section done? On the page what widgets are you using for the “Not yet started”, “in progress” etc...

@jckemv ,

It is build like this, of course the top 3 block could also just be picture.
But you use the task list widget to create the status progress sections

Ps this how it looks on our homepage

​​​

Userlevel 2
Badge

@stacyroderick Here is a look at our SuperAdmin page and main Store page. @ChrisPrice did an awesome job designing these and putting in the really basic HTML code for the page icons at the bottom of the Store Hub.