Question

Enroll users - search by additional field

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello All,

In the course manage enrollments, in the option “Enroll users”, we can search the users by username, first name, last name or e-mail.

I need to search by user additional field. Is it possible to configure it?

I tried to find in Docebo´s Help without success.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

What additional field are you trying to use?

You could bulk upload with a csv file if you have the names of who you want to use. For instance - we do this when we want an entire dept or sub dept enrolled in a course. I create the list of who meets this criteria and then bulk enroll. You can enroll 1000s+ people this way. 

Just one option 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @dandrews, thank you for your replay.

We want to use it for enroll learners in a small course sessions. It´s easier to select the learners that you want, instead of create a csv file. And the best way to select users in this case is to use an additional field.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@msantos Sounds like you would create a group based of of the custom field and then enroll the group.  The only criteria based options that exist are in the group creation engine.  These don’t exist at the course level.  However if you create the group and then go to the course you can enroll the group directly from there.  Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @Jtischler , in fact I want to select the users using an additional field. Example. Additional field (Employee ID). The Employee ID is not igual to login (username). So, it´s easy to the HR select the employee ID instead of username.

But, maybe the best solution is to enroll using a CSV file.

Thank you all for the ideas.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@msantos If you are using employee ID, I am going to assume that is a 1:1 relationship in which a criteria based group would not work and yes CSV would be he best solution.  Good luck!