Question

External booking tool

• 28 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I would like to know if anyone using external booking tool for ILT courses? If yes, which one? and how do you integrate that into Docebo? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We use When I Work to schedule out all of our vILTs so our instructors can see when and what they’re teaching. We are currently implementing with Docebo so the process in our LMS is to just manually schedule in When I Work AND in the LMS. I’m hoping the scheduling will still originate in When I Work, but then we’ll either export a CSV and then import sessions and events into Docebo OR we’ll work with our IT team to see if we can set up some APIs to connect When I Work and Docebo so the work is only done once in When I Work then it automatically goes to Docebo. 

@steveninfinger How did that work out? I’m new to Docebo and debating to have either a public or private way for internal folks or customers to schedule and book ILT and VILT courses? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Our Scheduler builds out the schedule in WiW, exporting classes times and who is teaching, and imports it into Docebo. It has has worked well. We’ve found it saves about 8 hours a week compared to our old process. Normally, the only hold up is background jobs in Docebo getting stuck because it gets overwhelmed with the work. It is spotty when it happens. 

If you’re looking for a tool that allows a customer to say I want to take a training at a specific time, I don’t think this tool will do  that. Well maybe it will, but we’re not using it that way. We do offer private training where we have to coordinate with the customer on their availability and an instructor’s availability. Currently,  that’s just done through email communication, unfortunately.