Best Answer

Failed Test, forced completion

Badge

I apologize if this has been asked before! I am trying to set up a course when a user fails a pre-test they are forced to watch a video. Is there a way to make this work? TIA

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 11 May 2022, 22:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Good afternoon @Awilley9 

Anyway you can develop the course in a SCORM authoring tool?
What you are describing can be straight forwardly done in tools like Storyline or Captivate.

Beyond that? I would need to get schooled up in what the course shell can offer in terms of conditional steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Awilley9 don't think you can do that from inside the same course as there are no options that allow the admin to align content with  if/then statements. today, you can set an order of content based on the completion of another piece of content but if the user fails the content, they are essentially ‘stuck’ at that spot in the course.

You might be able to fashion something using Groups and Enrollment rules where is a user fails a test, they are assigned the video course. That said, it would only get part of the way. You would ned to find a way to then ‘release’ them from having to pass the original content. For this, you might eat to think about breaking up the course content into different parts based on how you want the user to go through it and that could allow you to have 2 streams...one where the users passes the pre-test > is assigned course A with what woudl have been the next piece of content, etc. and stream 2 where the user fails the pre-test course > is assigned to a group > group is used to enroll them into the video course > passing the video course then assigns them to a new group > that them assigns them the 2nd course in stream 1

Hope this makes some sense...phew think I have myself confused...LOL...

Badge

Thank you both for the response! SCORM is definitely my back up but I wanted to exhaust my options in the platform first. Did get me thinking about Learning Plans a little more though. I will report back here if I find a viable solution. Thanks again!