Best Answer

Help with page design!

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey everyone! During the Inspire Conference once of the demo pages showed a display I really loved. I’m interested in recreating it but I have NO clue how! Does anyone have any idea what widget or how the Quick Links section of this page was created? I have topics, pages and icons to use, but can’t figure out how to get this layout. 

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide me!

@Adam Ballhaussen @Callie Borovilos any chance you recognize the screenshot and could connect me with the employee who used this as their demo page? 

icon

Best answer by dklinger 3 November 2021, 21:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stephanie Dreiling - hey - I think the trick is to dissect what are things that are really custom html blocks vs custom content widgets (and other stock widgets) vs the layout in play.

The layout is a two thirds by one thirds in a few rows (for what you have on screen)

This layout

And then keeping in mind you can actually have layouts that are somewhat purposely uneven in the vertical?  You can see where you would need to generate what widgets for what rows. Now I remain only good enough to be dangerous, but here is my interpretation of that page…..in layout and widgets

Only two rows are being shown here….both using the two thirds one thirds layout.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@dklinger great assessment of layout and widgets! I agree with your breakdown. There is so much power in the HTML widget that allows the page elements to be more dynamic and stylized. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stephanie Dreiling- hey - I think the trick is to dissect what are things that are really custom html blocks vs custom content widgets (and other stock widgets) vs the layout in play.

The layout is a two thirds by one thirds in a few rows (for what you have on screen)

This layout

And then keeping in mind you can actually have layouts that are somewhat purposely uneven in the vertical?  You can see where you would need to generate what widgets for what rows. Now I remain only good enough to be dangerous, but here is my interpretation of that page…..in layout and widgets

Only two rows are being shown here….both using the two thirds one thirds layout.

Great explanation to my very poorly worded question! LOL I should mention I was confident I’d need the HTML widget, however, I don’t know how because I can’t code! Any ideas on the code used to make that display the way it does or where I can get a template to customize for a similar display?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stephanie Dreiling- here is a hint. Those quick links reflect urls to pages that a person lands on when they are at a particular activity of a built in page [transcript (a section of my activity), my courses and learning plans] or a custom page all together (FAQ, Coming Soon, HR Newsletter).