Question

Making a Quiz --> Short Timeout

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OK - Does anyone else experience this issue…?

Working on making some quizzes

-put in a couple questions

-get distracted for a couple minutes - (no-literally just a couple)
  may not even be distracted - just thinking a few moments about a good quiz question.

-go back to quiz

-screen blanks out

-must navigate away and back again to get screen to reappear.

Super frustrating!

Please tell me that I need to simply check a box somewhere.

Is there a solution to this other than not taking any mouse or keyboard breaks?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sorry @gstager haven’t worked on quiz in a while but haven’t heard of any issues from other admins. Have you tried working in incognito mode to see if that helps at all? Maybe a browser reset? you know the usual...🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can’t say I’ve tried anything yet. It has been an ongoing issue from the start and I ‘ve just finally decided to snap.

I figured I would see if others  experience the same or if it is just me. Thought that might narrow my options a bit.

I can take the same break and then add some more SCORM modules just fine or upload a video fine. It only happens when I am working with quizzes so my initial thought was that it was related to the quiz app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I did have this happen when working on large quizzes and after entering a bunch of questions, the page suddenly times out but I would have entered at least 40-50 questions before that happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t have to be working on anything large.

It will happen on quizzes during the first question.

The example there is if while I am working on the answers - I need to go to another document or upload a picture to the question - basically anything that takes me away from the quiz for a bit - it will blank out.

I can save the question and it will still be there - I have not lost it - but when I save, instead of showing my list, the window is blank. Not the whole browser window, just where the quiz would be.

See below. So I click on properties and then back to training material but then I have to drill down a little more just to get back to my spot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Oh I see...very frustrating indeed. I get something similar with notifications where if I happen to click just outside the pop-up window everything I just worked on is lost. Sounds like you might want to log a ticket as this is certainly not normal behaviour.

I just tried it in our sandbox and it seems to be working normally, both for a new test and editing an existing one...definitely a ticket I would think.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I get something similar with notifications where if I happen to click just outside the pop-up window everything I just worked on is lost.

I’ve had that happen too. 😤

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We saw this with one customer’s managed computers. Lots of timeouts, but just for them.

I’ve also seen this type of thing, like @gstager showed, happen when building a test and occasionally when going from an individual’s report page (as an admin) back to the main report page.

It may be possible to improve this by changing the browser cache settings or the use of a browser extension that keeps a session alive (one is “Let Live” for Chrome), but I need to do further testing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Aye yay yay - SCORM (cough)