Microsoft Sway presentation in course training material

• 14 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello wonderful community, 

has anyone tried to embed a Microsoft Sway presentation as part of training material. At the moment I have it as a link in a html page. Just wondering if anyone had tried a different (ideally) more successful way to integrate a Sway presentation in into Docebo?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Wow, I used to be a massive Sway advocate and used for everything, you’re bringing me back a few years :)

I’d assume the embed option was still available? Can’t you either just use that in the html page instead of a link?

You could also do the same in a scorm package using any of the common course creation tools and have the same effect.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Bfarkas I have tried the iframe embed option but it shows up in the really small window. No idea how to convert a Sway into a Scorm package. I’ll look into it thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Bfarkas I have tried the iframe embed option but it shows up in the really small window. No idea how to convert a Sway into a Scorm package. I’ll look into it thanks

Have you defined the width of the iframe to be 100% width?

For the scorm idea, you are essentially doing the iframe embed, just in the tool of choice, i.e. Rise or articulate, etc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yes the iframe is at 100% it’s just a small window for the Sway, ideally I would like it to open in a lightbox.

Ah right about the Scorm file. I’ll have a look, I can definitely embed it in Rise as I’ve done it before.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes the iframe is at 100% it’s just a small window for the Sway, ideally I would like it to open in a lightbox.

Ah right about the Scorm file. I’ll have a look, I can definitely embed it in Rise as I’ve done it before.

Thanks

Ah, gotcha, ok yeah, then I would def go a package route so you can use the launcher abilities.