Question

Power User Course Enrollment

• 9 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am currently starting to create a few profiles for Power Users within Docebo. I am running into an issue with enrollment for courses (on the course management page):

• If I use the checkboxes next to course code and pick multiple courses to enroll people into, I then get a list of users within that assigned group I have attached to the power user
  • If I choose just one course, upon click on the three dots and hitting ‘enroll users’ - I only get the Power User listed and no longer see the entire group as an option

I assume I am missing a permission somewhere for Power Users that may make this happen? Thinking it could be adding in branch specific access, but not sure I want to give that full visibility. I am trying to figure out the right permissions for these Users without giving too much access for privacy reasons. I am solely wanting these users to create courses for their specific group and assign those created courses to just that group.

Thanks in advance for any help!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Not quite sure I am following, if the power user is assigned just the group of users that is all they should be able to work with, it shouldn’t matter how you are accessing the assignment as long as you are logged in as that user.

Userlevel 1

@Bfarkas So my confusion lies in the enrollment of one course vs. multiple courses - If I go to enroll a person into one course, no people show up besides the Power User - If I go to enroll a person into multiple courses, all the people with the group assignment show up. Is there something I am missing to get them to show up on just one course enrollment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That sounds really strange, either I am completely misunderstanding, I just tried this and worked in both instances. Really strange.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@kristirebs12 we had a similar issues with this panel and had to log a tickets. In one case, it was closer to what you describe where the admin could not see the proper users and the other ticket was about them seeing a bunch of “suggestions” that were not assign to the PU. You may want to log a ticket for this odd behaviour.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@kristirebs12 we had a similar issues with this panel and had to log a tickets. In one case, it was closer to what you describe where the admin could not see the proper users and the other ticket was about them seeing a bunch of “suggestions” that were not assign to the PU. You may want to log a ticket for this odd behaviour.

I’m going to accept this as bug and ticket worthy then, I’ve been trying to recreate for a bit and can’t seem to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes it seems odd as it should show the same options whether enrolling in 1 course or several