System generated message "Your Meeting - {event name} is Deleted"

• 16 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

So I ran into an issue today testing the new ILT functionality that required a chat in to support and I found out what I was doing that was resulting in an email message that my Zoom event was being deleted. I thought it might be useful to share as others could encounter.

I added a new course ILT. I added a session. I then added two new virtual events to the session. After completing the pop out form with the event information and then clicking Create and Edit, I was then clicking the green Save Changes button on the event form simply out of habit. This resulted in a system generated email message with the following subject: “Your Meeting - Event 1 Is Deleted” However, the meetings did show up in my Zoom account. 

So after you complete the pop out window and select create and edit, it saves the event and creates it in the video conference tool (in my case Zoom). If you then click on the Save Changes button, it assumes that you made a change to some field on the event form. The system then deletes the original event and re-adds it thus resulting in the delete message. There probably could be a better user experience here like the Save Changes button should not be active unless you edit one of the fields on the event form but at any rate it is working “as expected” and it threw me off so I thought I share.:smirk:

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thanks for sharing!