Test - Tracking Mode

• 23 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello all. When we create a survey, we can select a “Tracking Mode”, local tracking or shared tracking. But does not have this configuration when we create a Test.

We need to create a Test, but the same test will be apply to many courses (more than 100), and we need a local tracking for each one.

And does not have a option to “duplicate” a Test object.

Have any of you been through a similar situation? how did you solve it?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

There are a couple workarounds:

1. Copy the initial course through the API (even if it’s not eLearning, you can copy it).  It will let you copy all of the content including the test.
  2. Export the test in GIFT format and import it into the new course.  Clunky, but it works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You might also be able to use the Question Bank.

Add your questions into the question bank and put them under a specific category - then when you create a new course, you can use the Test training material and pull questions from the question bank pretty quickly. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

There are a couple workarounds:

1. Copy the initial course through the API (even if it’s not eLearning, you can copy it).  It will let you copy all of the content including the test.
  2. Export the test in GIFT format and import it into the new course.  Clunky, but it works.

Hi @elamast, thank you for the tip. I created one Test, Export in GIFT format, created another one and imported the gift format. So, I can created many tests, in a fast way.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You might also be able to use the Question Bank.

Add your questions into the question bank and put them under a specific category - then when you create a new course, you can use the Test training material and pull questions from the question bank pretty quickly. 

Hello @Annarose.Peterson , thank you for your tip. I tested and works, but with the @elamast tip I can create many Tests in a fast way.