Question

Tracking Professional Licenses

• 18 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a customer that wants to track users’ professional licenses within the system - kind of like External Training but to distinguish additional levels of attainment.

Has anyone else had a need for anything similar and how did you achieve that?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KatieD I looked at this a while back and found this app to be lacking with respect to tracking licenses, accreditations, etc. You could conceivably track a license as a certification however not sure how you would confirm that it has been or will be renewed since the app only works to track completion or attainment via courses and LP completions. Since many professional licenses use “CE”, “CPE’s” or hours of training towards a renewal, this is another gap so you might need to create a shell course that could be marked as completed whenever a certain # hours or CE credits are attained by the user and manually ‘renew” them...not so elegant but it can be done, sort of...

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lrnlab - I checked out using certifications for that, but for our use case, it would be lots of different accreditations - more than I could create certifications for. Ideally, the use case would like a kind of external training interface, where the learner could enter the particulars of their license. Thanks so much for the input! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes I understand...sadly the external training inputs cannot be used with the Certification app. A good one to post in ideas but this opens up a whole new complicated world that I’m not sure Docebo would want to get in to...License and professional designation tracking along with CE credit tracking is traditionally a very complicated world and I haven't seen many LMSs that can handle this out of the box. Might be worth asking Docebo if they ever plan to augment their app to do this in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We needed that and ended up creating an additional field on the user profile which became a comma separated list of their values. We were in the fortunate position that these values came from one college for the most part who was a partner, so they send us a monthly file of changes which gets processed and updates this field.