Question

Transactions management (e-Commerce)

Badge

Morning everyone,

Does anyone know if a Power User can have permissions to check the transactions before the user request is approved?

In case, that person is allowed to do so, is there any possibility to categorize the transactions menu by branch in order to export just those users you are interested in?

Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JavierPuertas there are no eCommerce permissions for PU...the closet you can get is to add the Transactions widget to one of your PU pages...this will display the transactions and their statuses, etc.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @lrnlab,

this is a interesting solution but I have a question, in this way the power user will see only the transactions that he has done, there is no way to show to him all the Transactions?

Hi @JavierPuertas,
for our power users we have created a notification that inform about the transaction, and a report “E-Commerce - Transactions” where they can see all the information that are in the transaction app, in this way they can see the transactions information but they can’t modify the transaction status. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@eleonora.maggioni if you’re asking whether the PU can see all eComm transactions regardless of what users they can see (ie: the actual eCommerce app transactions screen), then no...only supers can see this. That said, if you the PU access to all users and all courses the widget should you all transactions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@eleonora.maggioni if you’re asking whether the PU can see all eComm transactions regardless of what users they can see (ie: the actual eCommerce app transactions screen), then no...only supers can see this. That said, if you the PU access to all users and all courses the widget should you all transactions.

@lrnlab could you explain me which are the setting you use to show to the Superadmin and the Power user also the Transactions of the other users? Because I have tried with a Superadmin and a Power user with access to all the resources and they can see in the widget “My Transactions” only the own transactions, I have noticed that the Superadmin can see the pending Transaction in My tasks but the Power user can’t see that. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@eleonora.maggioni hmm, just tested again and you are correct...seems something has changed...apologies for leading you down the wrong path.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@lrnlab Thank you that you have checked, I hoped you were right because that could be useful.

Maybe they will change again in the future. 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The eCommerce app is an area of the LMS that needs a lot of work from a back end perspective...