Hello everyone. I am Damiano Colombo the Product Manager of the mobile app.
We often receive questions from customers whose Branded Mobile App submissions in the Apple App Store have been rejected by Apple. We created a new article in our Knowledge Base titled Addressing Branded Mobile App Rejections by Apple App Store to help you better understand how to address your branded app’s rejection by Apple.Here's a list of the rejection reasons addressed in this article:
- Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed
- Guideline 2.5.4 - Performance - Software Requirements
- Guideline 3.2 - Business
- Guideline 4.8 - Design - Sign in with Apple
- Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage
However, it is important to keep in mind that the review process of a new app is an interactive process in which the reviewer may want to learn more about the content and purpose of the app in order to assess its appropriateness, so don't be surprised if an app is rejected at the first attempt. There is always an opportunity to explain the details of the app and the reasons why your app has the right to be in the app store.
If you have any questions about this process or would like to share your own best practices and lessons learned, please let us know in the comments below! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Good information. Our App was rejected because we have free content for training that sits behind an authenticated experience. Has anyone come across this and been able to get around it?
1. Who are the users that will use the paid content in the app? [Ans] There is no paid-for content in the app. All content is free for users as training material in support of equipment manufactured by Resideo.
2. Where can users purchase the content that can be accessed in the app? [Ans] There is no paid-for content in the app. All content is free for users as training material in support of equipment manufactured by Resideo.
3. What specific types of previously purchased content can a user access in the app? [Ans] There is no paid-for content in the app. All content is free for users as training material in support of equipment manufactured by Resideo.
4.What paid content, subscriptions, or features are unlocked within your app that do not use in-app purchase? [Ans]There is no paid-for content in the app nor access to any content that is exclusive to subscription or paid for services outside of the app. Any subscription service provided by Resideo is for a service Resideo provides directly to consumers unrelated to this training portal app. Training materials are offered free of charge through this app or directly through web registration on Reside web portals regardless of if the subject of that training is a paid for subscription service.
5. How do users obtain an account? Do users have to pay a fee to create an account? [Ans]Users obtain an account through self-registration in the app or via account registration on Resideo web portals. There is no fee for an account.
App Review2022-12-28 3:39 PM
Thank you for your message.
Regarding the Guideline 5.1.1 issue, your app requires users to log in or register to access free content on launch. To resolve this, please allow users freely access free non account-based content.
Looking forward to reviewing your revised app.
App Store Review