Question

vILT - Not for display in the U

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have no idea how to word the title of this question. I blame it on Friday!

We have the use case where vILT sessions will be specific to a customer and not open for everyone else in the U.

Example:

• Customer purchases our software. We do Admin training on our product (not suitable for the U).
  • This training is specific to that customer, and we want only that customers administrators to attend. 
  • I do not want that course to show up in any catalog nor be open for enrollment. I will manually assign the users to the course/sessions/events

We could simply use MS Teams and not go through the U, but for various reasons we want them to go through the U to accomplish this training. 

Is this the best way to go about it? Create the course, sessions/events and then manually assign the users or…

Do you all have any better suggestions on how to handle this type of training?

I hope this makes sense :)

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

There are a few steps to this, but the answer is sure you can get pretty darn close to this.

The global search maybe the only thing in the way, but.

A prerequisite or two:

• can you put that specific set of customers into a group?
  • do you have page/menu access that you can deliver only that group to only that page?

If you do? Then assign only that group to that “catalog”, page, and menu.

If you enroll them? Even better...it can show up in another experience that isolates pretty well (like the task list widget).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Going further? There are a few discussions about hidden pages - if you dont give folks a way to navigate to that page? They will never be able to see it as pages are not part of the global search and you can directly that specific customer group to it with a deeplink.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mlubenski you can also use the course enrolment shareable link or better, course subscription code that can be shared with only those who should attend the course. For the latter you would need to ask Docebo to activate the Subscription Code app; this will enable the option in courses. We use the subscription codes for proctored exams that are by invitation only and the courses are not in any catalogues. Works very well.

Note that the “link” can be viewed and shared by others, while the “code” option is easier to control since you can control who gets the code via email or other communication medium.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Always learning from @lrnlab 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mlubenski you can also use the course enrolment shareable link or better, course subscription code that can be shared with only those who should attend the course. For the latter you would need to ask Docebo to activate the Subscription Code app; this will enable the option in courses. We use the subscription codes for proctored exams that are by invitation only and the courses are not in any catalogues. Works very well.

Note that the “link” can be viewed and shared by others, while the “code” option is easier to control since you can control who gets the code via email or other communication medium.

I have been playing with the Subscription Code app and I just learned that the, subscription code is only good for enrollment into the Course shell.  If using the Subscription Code for an ILT, the learner will need to go in and manually select the session after they use the Subscription Code.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Correct @Annarose.Peterson 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dklinger @lrnlab @Annarose.Peterson 

Thanks for the suggestions!!