Question

Can anyone with subtitles confirm it is working in the mobile app (not mobile browser)?

• 25 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have 200 courses with subs in 8 languages and 0 work in the branded (or non-branded) mobile app.

Support says it is supposed to be working.

Can ANYONE confirm subs are working in the mobile app (NOT mobile browser) for them - or try uploading a subtitle and see if it works in their mobile app?

Thanks friends!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Are these courses that your organization created, or courses from a Docebo library provider?

I just opened my mobile app and checked a LinkedIn Learning course that I imported to the CLOR. LIL courses usually have subtitles in the browser, and I did get subtitles as expected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Courses we created with MP4 and VTT files. 

Works fine in browser, VLC and Premiere, so I feel like I did it right…

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

That’s a great point. I can't see why that wouldn’t work. I’ll try this with one of our own short-form videos and see what happens. 

• The mobile app does not support the selection of the language of the subtitles from the dropdown menu. The dropdown for the subtitle selection is not available and subtitles are shown in the user-preferred language set in the desktop platform. If subtitles in the user-preferred language are not available for the training material, subtitles will be shown in the fallback language set by the Superadmin when uploading subtitles files in the video training material.