Favorite Notification

• 20 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I was re-reading this article:

and was reminded how many there are that I don’t commonly think about.

What is your favorite notification to use?

Most interesting way you have leveraged a notification?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Majority of our courses will be purchased through the catalog so I like to be notified whenever a course has been purchased.

On the flip side - I also like to get a notification when a course is completed.

The beauty of these notifications for me is that when I get a request asking whether or not someone has completed a course - I also have a way to do a quick search in my email for purchase date and completion date notifications.

If I am in the office at my desk - I can just check the platform but when I am away from my desk this makes for a quick look up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Interesting…how many completions/purchases are happening a day on average? That seems like a lot of emails. I assume inbox rule in place?

Do you have to do something when something is purchased?

I wonder about would a daily or weekly report emailed to you (old reports so you actually get the attachment) so that you still have your advantage to look up on the go but far fewer emails would work as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In our old system, we did not have the ability for e-commerce so the customer filled out an application on our website.

I get notification

Then I send an email with instructions of what to do next. Basically they create their account in system.

I get notification

Then I manually assign the ordered course to their profile.

We did it this way because we needed to manually check accounts to verify if they were eligible for a course

Now - with Docebo - we will be able to use SSO ( so we know they are already vetted as eligible ) and they can purchase course and have immediate access.

So I will do much less now but I would still like the purchase and completion emails to keep a pulse on things. Right now it is a few each week but we’re hoping to grow with the new system in place. During the height of Covid I had several hundred a week. I wish we had Docebo at that time.

Even though it is more emails - I prefer the real time notifications. Yeah - I have an Outlook rule in place. Lots of them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Makes sense, thanks for the insight.

That sounds like one of those processes I would walk by someone’s desk here seeing them do and go “Please walk me through it, it looks like a lot of manual, and I’m way too lazy to let you do that” :)

A lot of times for things like that I still send a summary email type thing to users, with an attachment of the details, but the body of the email is essentially X number of people requested X today/this week for pulse checks. Totally get it.