Question

User locked out of quiz - notification?

• 9 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have external customers that use our education. Some of the courses must be completed by passing the test within 2 attempts. We’ve set that as the max number of attempts in the test settings. Obviously, if they do not pass within 2 attempts, they are locked out of a test. 

Is there a way to get a notification or email when this happens? We want the information to be retained and taken seriously, but we don’t want to torture the customers. If they get locked out, We would love the chance to give them a ring and help the situation. I checked in Reports to see if course status might include those who are locked out, but it doesn’t appear to be an option. 

Any ideas on notifications for this situation?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@CDoerger 

Good evening,

You need to monitor and work with the training material reports. There are some reports with the training material, but nothing that I believe you can tap into directly from notifications OR reports/new reports in terms of attempts.

Beyond this - I think you are going down the path of needing to work with the API.

A thought - only because I am still new at this - there is a field in the report that talks about the number of actions….maybe it can help in combination with something else?

Somebody tell me I am wrong…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

oh when i am talking about the reports with training materials, i mean working with a course and its reports in the course management.

Course Management | Select a course > Reports tab...

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you so much for the response. I do follow your solution in the training materials reports. I like the thought but our admin would have to consistently monitor a dozen courses, just in case someone gets locked out. Even then, I’m not sure how a lock out shows up - it may still only say “failed.” 

I’ll also look at the ‘number of actions’ field. Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m also wondering if a webhook could solve this? 

Userlevel 2

Hello,

Has anyone found a solution to setting up a notification or even a report that shows a quiz has been locked due to max attempts?  We have courses with multiple quizzes that learner cannot proceed until coached and retake/pass 1st quiz to proceed with next topic/learning object.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Userlevel 2
Badge

Cheryl, 

I asked support and they said that there is no “trigger” in the system for ‘suspensions’ from courses. I did find a user report (Users-Courses) that included suspension as an option, but we haven’t had consistent performance with that report. In other words, we aren’t confident we are being notified when a suspension takes place. Since there is no trigger in the system, a webhook is not currently possible. 

In addition, our customers need relatively immediate support so a notification by email to my admin team would be so much more relevant to our work.