What is your favorite Docebo trick?

• 7 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Getting comfortable with the system now, and writing up a bunch of things, I keep reminding myself of small things that are my favorite trick to working within the system. 

I am wondering what is yours?

What simple or complex thing makes your life easier or you enjoy the system supports compared to your prior environments?

The question came to me while writing up how to leverage the OAuth2 app’s with iframe embeds. It opens a lot of possibilities that I have not had the ability to do elsewhere.

8 replies

Userlevel 3

I found that groups and enrollment rules made my life easier. Having such a diverse learner base, I could issue training based on region, job title and company directives automatically. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I found that groups and enrollment rules made my life easier. Having such a diverse learner base, I could issue training based on region, job title and company directives automatically. 

I bet this is definitely high on a lot of peoples lists. I almost want to do a separate post just on “how many groups do you use to manage the system” to see who has the most!

Userlevel 3

I have 95 groups

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Honestly - though not really a trick of any kind - I love how much easier it is for me to find a user and look at their progress compared to our old LMS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Honestly - though not really a trick of any kind - I love how much easier it is for me to find a user and look at their progress compared to our old LMS.

Love it, I was debating the right work, for me they were tricks, but it could have been phrased as ‘Your favorite thing’.

What makes it so much easier?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My old system would only display a pop-up box of 5 hits right off the search box. So if I had, let’s say 30 users with the name of Aaron and I couldn’t remember their last name but would know it if I saw it. I might try to search by typing in Aaron. Well, all I will get are five seemingly random hits. They won’t even be listed alphabetically by last name… ugh

Even more interesting - sometimes I will get an email address and sometimes I won’t - They all have emails in the system. As you can see below - only 2 of the 5 showed me an email address. (I did blank out the last names.

I don’t have a way to search and bring up all Aarons or all Johnsons… etc. only 5 so I am stuck doing the scroll wheel of death when I have to find someone named Tim by scrolling past the first 1500 users to get to the ‘T’s because I wasn’t lucky enough to have the one I needed show in the top 5.

I can see way more info in our user panel and searching is sooo much better.

Heaven

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think the old LMS gave me PTSD

Post Traumatic Scrolling Disorder

LOL

This is why I dislike really long Rise courses that make me scroll endlessly through the content.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

My old system would only display a pop-up box of 5 hits right off the search box. So if I had, let’s say 30 users with the name of Aaron and I couldn’t remember their last name but would know it if I saw it. I might try to search by typing in Aaron. Well, all I will get are five seemingly random hits. They won’t even be listed alphabetically by last name… ugh

Even more interesting - sometimes I will get an email address and sometimes I won’t - They all have emails in the system. As you can see below - only 2 of the 5 showed me an email address. (I did blank out the last names.

I don’t have a way to search and bring up all Aarons or all Johnsons… etc. only 5 so I am stuck doing the scroll wheel of death when I have to find someone named Tim by scrolling past the first 1500 users to get to the ‘T’s because I wasn’t lucky enough to have the one I needed show in the top 5.

I can see way more info in our user panel and searching is sooo much better.

Heaven

Yikes.

It’s funny, I totally get that and I get cranky on searching names often in Docebo as you have to wait a few seconds for things to appear, and sometimes I have to like backspace once to make an edit before the search triggers. But I will take that annoyance of random guess for everyone every time!