Best Answer

Dynamic New Hire Page

I recently watched “Road to Inspire | Building a tailored learning experience” on Docebo University and liked the idea of creating a “dynamic” new hire page where the steps progressed with the user. The way it was explained in the video is:

Step 1:

• Create Group 1: User is new and has not completed anything (indicate using a field on the user detail record)
  • Created Page 1: Page is setup showing the user has not completed any of the steps (indicated with an image that is shown in gray). Page displays for Group 1 only.

Step 2:

• Create Group 2: User has completed necessary courses (indicated by saying course is completed in Group workflow)
  • Created Page 2: Second page is setup showing the user has completed first phase of courses (indicated with an image that is shown in gray, but phase/step one is now in color). Page displays for Group 2 only.

Step 3:

• Repeat for all necessary steps in new hire process.

Here is my question:

We have been experiencing a long delay (a few hours to a day) for a user to be updated and shown on a group. Do you know of any other way to have a more “dynamic” experience without using groups?

Images from Docebo U course:

Step 1: where a user has not completed the necessary courses
HTML widget code for the page
Group 1 conditions

icon

Best answer by pmo 8 July 2022, 23:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

There is an issue currently being addressed by our development team that should reduce that time for group processing. Typically you shouldn’t have to wait hours for group rules to process but it is very possible that a user would need to logout and log back in order to see changes within their experience.  I think you should see improvements in this process in the next week. 

For anyone else who’s reading and might be interested in creating a dynamic experience I’ve created a guide for this process: 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@pmo You mentioned above that we should have seen improvements in group processing time a year ago.  I’m still experiencing up to an hour (sometimes more if the data lake refresh seems to be processing) for groups to propagate. 

This is really a problem for us as we’ve got the advised workflows as the original poster (Page 1 and Menu 1 for Group 1, Page 2 and Menu 2 for Group 2) and the delay is causing significant issues with our users.  

Can you provide any updates or things that might be done to improve efficiencies? Or insight into when this might be resolved by Docebo?