Your October Release Webinar questions, answered

• 28 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

For those that tuned in to the October Release Readiness webinar, you knew these were coming!  If you missed it, don’t worry, the recording is ready for you.

For your convenience, we’ve categorized the questions based on theme:

• Multiple Skills channels (and a few other questions on channels)

• Mobile push notifications (Branded Mobile App)

• Tag people, channels, and assets in DCS

• Shape - New Styles & Themes

• Connect

• Flow

But first up!  For anyone that may have missed the links we shared at the end of the session, here they are again! 

Let’s get to your questions!

Multiple Skills channels

Q:  Can we add our own skill to the skills library?

A: Coming soon! Custom skills are a 2022 roadmap item. While you are waiting...if you work with your CXM, we can add skills you suggest to our library.  The only caveat is that any added skills will be included in the global skill catalogue that is available to our entire customer base. 

Q:  Any updates on what is coming to skills in 2022?
A: Well since you asked and it stays between us, we do have some pretty exciting plans for skills in 2022, especially for managers and administrators.  Between us right? Don’t get me in trouble…  Here are some of the items currently being planned for the new year: 

• Admin functionality - custom skills, job assignment and skills assignment

• Manager functionality - new page with the ability to report on team skills, assess and suggest skills

Q:  Can learners that are not assigned a piece of formal or enrolled in it see that formal content in the channels?
A: Well, now that you mention it, in the November release we will add the option to either require enrollment to see the course in a channel, or allow courses to show without enrollment in channels.
This behaviour is already released in sandboxes. 😀

Q:  Can you still have a skills channel with DCS?
A: Skills can be leveraged with or without DCS. The key difference is the ability to add external content.
VYPTQU9OjSLQ2tl6wbHBx1fm_Ck1n_OUAT-lsagry51ur66TL3DNR2Xw3wrbqT06KUJolN9jrFQFX6n0kdWpI04h_t7Kk2QleuBUVguLk7w_FT2xcP2ZYEO3qSXdvkONTtieVbho

Q:  Is there a comprehensive list of the available skills released for us to look through?
A:  That is a great question.  At the minute we do not have a “shareable” list to download.  You can access the skills on the platform under skills catalogue.  Make sure to remove the filter to show all skills.  It is a pretty big list with over 11,000 skills. As skills get added regularly and I am not sure we would have the ability to keep the list up to date, but I can always ask, you never know what we will get!
vOtlv-0iNgWQIO01vkSajSxd0xuSDUB4dwnDFGCpJiJJASWlYHA3ZyVpc6R1cjssSehvgy5g9IwDMxaW9C8cmdoWBnGKofwvL06S65NgsWB1mIuT73-KTeIhQ5C2GBuRgDOwKXI2

Q:  Are there plans to allow the ability to update the Docebo Skills Sections via CSV?  Mass updates help us to scale with limited resources and allows us to remain agile to changing business needs.
A: I can tell you that adding skills is planned for 2022, however at this time we are still working through the “how” so I can’t give you an update at this point. I am confident that we will reach out to the community as we work through the requirements. 

Q: What is the intended or suggested use of Skills? How are people using it?
A: I would love to hear from all of you on this one! The initial release of skills was to help individuals grow in their current and future roles.  By enabling skills for the end learner, they are in control of their own career growth. Many employees here at Docebo are leveraging skills to stay up to date in their respective disciplines. Selecting the role in which they would like to grow in to and using the skills channel to stay up to date.  For me, it is a nice way to keep growth top of mind and not depend on myself to Google on my own.  It has eliminated this lazy girl’s need to search and it is all just there when I take the time to look.  I won’t lie, I am pretty excited to see multiple skills channels coming!  I think this is going to be a great way to showcase skills separating things like technical and soft (or as some say, power) skills. 

Here are a few other resources that might be helpful:

As mentioned above, in 2022 we will be adding additional functionality for managers and administrators taking skills to the next level. 

Q: Is there a plan in the future to connect skills with observation checklists that we will be able to assign to a manager or trainer to assess if the user actually has the skill(s)?
A: I love this!  I feel it is a great candidate for the upcoming ideas portal 😀  What I can tell you is we do have managers ability to assess skills (outside of the observation checklist) planned for 2022.  This should get us closer.  I will sneak this one over to the product team, but really do put it in the new ideas portal, we would love to see if others are interested too.

Q: Can we give learners better capabilities to sort/filter assets inside a channel?
A: We do get this request regularly.  I am not sure it is on the current roadmap, but noted!  I believe this one is already in the ideas portal, but worth a few votes by the sounds of it.  We are in the middle of moving the ideas portal over to the community as we speak, so hold that thought! 

Mobile push notifications (Branded Mobile App)

Q:  What is the release date for mobile app version 3.10?
A: Today! It is available 😀

Q:  Will you bring notification on just the regular Go.Learn mobile app sometime in 2022?
A: We hope so! From the mobile perspective the capability is already in place, what is missing is the ability to trigger them. We are building a new notification engine that is capable of triggering push (as well as many general improvements to notifications), once this is complete, the mobile team will be all over bringing it to life in mobile. 

Q: Push notifications in the branded mobile app, is that just a way to send basic communications like a newsletter, or is it ALL currently available notifications in the system?

A:  This is your marketing dream coming true!  You can push all sorts of notifications through Firebase.  You can use push notifications to remind employees / customers of upcoming events, releases, content sales.  They would appear like this (stolen from the internet) image: 

hVrpdHi8qM2YSCMqM9JRHcggQdfPMHYiv2EluEqFcHY8ImoiDotRsKqzC9X8nimLEXGZwNP6nzpdpJc_dZPKD8hSaWFgv5DSEQMQUhJWFHCumH9ktZJovAO4JyE4CGRbn4I9ShXI

Additionally, you can use in-app notification to showcase new courses with various display options from a banner to full pop-up like in these stolen images from our design team.  

qVoRkcGlrBbO8ja1uK8EgreMgBJYPJOta2p-sKWKRSlzLCvjlB7FY_pwZnISynhgzbWSBmmO-aP3QDEEBMWpAoJFoFJ2ufEtTqtv0haMIaRon_c34I8HPndIzu0VJRBslDKTDcP9                   kZqfrULDo7ccq_FQQ-aU7sC8W46OZSMT0wFWbT1D8kYzvQ2h31ocVCM1r-UFOJde-HYwc5OqbWTNqjcac9RPW-t0uadz2HQ0bBByG8kCo31nJn6-0wZ0sT30GmiY0P1iHHw7BmXy

Tag people, channels, and assets in DCS

Q:  Navigating Channels: Loving the tagging for people and assets. (Thank you!  Us too 😉 ) This makes us want to continue to rely on channels for the primary way to group content.  Can we give learners better capabilities to sort/filter assets inside a channel?
A: We do get this request regularly.  I am not sure it is on the current roadmap, but noted!  I believe this one is already in the ideas portal, but worth a few votes by the sounds of it.  As I mentioned above, we are in the middle of moving the ideas portal over to the community as we speak, so hold that thought!

Q:  When you tag Ryan, any plans for that notification to go to something like Teams or Slack instead of just in-platform?
A:  Nice, I like it.  I will say not yet.  It is not currently in the works.  I will also say I now officially feel I am overly plugging the upcoming ideas portal, but hey, I think it is pretty great.  I would love to see what others think too.

Q:  Can you tag playlists and courses as well as assets?
A: Not presently. This update is limited to people, assets and channels.

Shape - New Styles & Themes

Q:  Is Shape an add on feature?
A:  Shape is one of Docebo’s new products that launched in March.  If you haven’t already, I recommend taking it for a spin, it is a lot of fun.  You can sign up for a trial at any time.  There is also a great course in the Docebo U that gives you a little more detail. 

Q: Can you apply themes based on a multi-domain?

A: Yeah you can! Well really you are designing the shape and then sharing to the different domains, but themes allow you to align with the right branding.  

Docebo Connect

Q:  Will Connect offer the ability for other LMS platforms to access content housed in Docebo, similar to how SCORM Cloud Dispatch works?
A: This functionality is not designed to do this.  I am sure that I know someone that would like to hear more about your needs in this area.  Right @shelbysueschaefer!  

Q:  Would Connect work to link Learn and Cvent?
A: It looks like we do!  Please contact your CXM for details.  Just as an FYI to all, there are additional connections not yet up on Docebo.com/connect, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to your CXM, they still may be able to help. 

Flow

Q:  Is there a limit to how many systems you can use Flow with?
A:  I am crossing my fingers that I am not speaking out of turn.  I do not believe so.  You can currently add up to 10  “App Launchers” (50 with the November release), so you can ensure your learning content aligns with content on the screen.

Other

Q:  Can you connect Docebo Community and University to our communication center within our instances?  Would be great to have those resources closer to the platform for our admins.
A: Well, since you asked ;) I think we can do that.  Ok, truth, we are doing that.  Coming soon, direct links from the communication centre to both Docebo Community and University.  By coming soon, and I am embarrassed to admit this, it could be today or next month’s release.  (Please don’t tell anyone I didn't know!)

Q:  Is there a way for the known issues that have been in there for years and voted on by hundreds of users to be updated with a timeline of implementation?

A: I completely understand where you are coming from. With the new ideas portal we will be making a number of changes to help give greater transparency into our product decisions.  With the new ideas portal you can expect to see: 

• New statutes 

• Greater search ability.  You can filter by title, product functionality and tags. 

• More flexibility when adding new ideas 

• Better visibility into voting and comments 

• Immediate insight into status changes  

• And, where available, related discussions so you can keep the conversation going.

Additionally, you can expect that we will respond to every idea within 5 business days, engage more in conversation, share progress and ask for your feedback as we bring your ideas to life.  

That’s all the questions, I think, I hope I didn’t miss yours. Thanks to everyone who attended this session and asked a question. 

Have any more? Did I miss one? Share below! 👇👇👇

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @HawleyKane 

I’m currently trying to use the notifications to show someone has been tagged I’m using the ‘You were mentioned’ notification. 

It worked when I first tried it but was very delayed eg 12 hours after they were tagged. Now it seems not to be sending at all. 

Any ideas why would be greatly appreciated. We would quite like to launch this with our company.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Lucy.blake, this would be a good one for support.  They should be triggered.