For those that tuned in to the 2023 August Release Readiness webinar, you knew these were coming! If you missed it, don’t worry, you can watch the recording
For those of you interested in seeing how to leverage one of the new API endpoints available for Skills (since I messed it up on the live webinar 🙂), here’s a quick video:
Now, let’s get to your questions!
Q. I’d like to do more research on skills. Where can I go to learn more about this tool and using it with and for learners?
- Great question. Here are a few helpful resources to get you up-to-speed on Skills:
- Managing Docebo Skills (DU Course)
- Managing Skills (Knowledge Articles)
- Want to get the most from Docebo Skills? Try these 6 things. (Community Guide)
Q. When will we get to take a look at the new UI coming in October? Is the new UI deployment to Sandbox schedule already known?
- As a Superadmin, you can activate a preview of the new Course & Learning Plan Player in any Docebo installation where you have Superadmin permissions. To learn how to do so, check out the Transition to the New Course Page Knowledge Article and learn more about the new Course & Learning Plan Player at 7:30 and 24:30 of the March 2023 Release webinar
Q. Do the changes to the Content import process apply to bulk imports as well?
- Yes they do! You can learn more about importing courses in bulk in this knowledge article.
Q. Do you have to add users to an imported course or can you just add it to the catalog?
- No, you don’t have to enroll users when creating a course during the Content import process. When you reach the Enrollments step, simply select Confirm without selecting any users to enroll.
Q. Setting Skills on the courses was not something we were in the practice of doing. We now need to go through a skill mapping excercise to assign skills to courses. What is the most efficient way to accomplish this?
- Great question. There are a few ways you could do this. You can learn all about these options in this knowledge article.
- Assign Skills to each individual course, on-by-one.
- Assign Skills to a single course, then use the Import from Course option to import skills from that course to another course
- Select multiple courses via Course Management and use the Assign Skills mass action to assign the same Skills to multiple Courses.
- Use the /skill/v1/courses/skills API endpoint to associate multiple skills to multiple courses. Learn more about Docebo’s APIs here.
Q. Is there an API call for removing tags for a retroactive cleanup?
- This guide provides an API endpoint that can delete tags as ell as other useful information on managing tags.
Q. Any update on when the Docebo Pro Learn Administrator Certification exam will be launched?
- This is coming very soon 🙂 Keep an eye out in Docebo University, and attend Inspire 2023 if you’d like to be one of the first to learn more.
That’s all the questions. Thanks to everyone who attended this session and asked a question.
Have any more? Share them below! 👇👇👇