Best Answer

How to add Visual Graphics to Learning Plan (not thumbnail)

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m working on creating visual graphics for a couple learning plans that I have created. They are sort of a hiking pathway visual of here’s where you start, here are your milestones, here’s the order of content involved, etc. I want to display them at the start of the learning plans so learners can see it right away and get a fun, visual idea of what takes place. I am looking for ideas of the best way to do display these. The thumbnail would not display large enough and the LP does not have course page display options that I’m aware of. Any thoughts or ideas are most welcome!

icon

Best answer by dklinger 15 June 2023, 17:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone,

I’m working on creating visual graphics for a couple learning plans that I have created. They are sort of a hiking pathway visual of here’s where you start, here are your milestones, here’s the order of content involved, etc. I want to display them at the start of the learning plans so learners can see it right away and get a fun, visual idea of what takes place. I am looking for ideas of the best way to do display these. The thumbnail would not display large enough and the LP does not have course page display options that I’m aware of. Any thoughts or ideas are most welcome!

You should be able to add graphics using the WYSIWYG in the learning plan description field. Also keep in mind that you can order courses in the learning plan according to the path you want the user to take.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kelly.newsome - just a thought - if you are going all out with this - maybe develop a page with a blend of HTML widgets and enrollment deeplinks to achieve your design?

To help further your knowledge...LPs do have a landing page of sorts, and their is a place where you can enter in text images and other visual goodies for the description.

The landing page has this url pattern:

https://xxxxxxx.docebosaas.com/learn/learning_plan/view/2/lpname

Remember - key here to view it? Is that a person has to have the ability to view said LP or they may get an error. The LP may need to sit in a catalog that the person has access to so that they can view it.

@kelly.newsome- just a thought - if you are going all out with this - maybe develop a page with a blend of HTML widgets and enrollment deeplinks to achieve your design?

To help further your knowledge...LPs do have a landing page of sorts, and their is a place where you can enter in text images and other visual goodies for the description.

The landing page has this url pattern:

https://xxxxxxx.docebosaas.com/learn/learning_plan/view/2/lpname

Remember - key here to view it? Is that a person has to have the ability to view said LP or they may get an error. The LP may need to sit in a catalog that the person has access to so that they can view it.

YES!! Thank you for this. I had either not realized or forgot about the option to add images into the description. This worked as I envisioned. Thank you so much for your response!