eLearning Courses Not Working Properly in Docebo

• 13 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Is anyone else experiencing any issues with their eLearning courses in DoCeBo?  As of Monday none of ours allowing users to complete them.

We have a ticket active but have not heard an answer back yet, so just wondering if we are isolated on the issue or is there are others impacted.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey, that’s bad news. Are your courses in SCORM or a different format?

We have also had issues, and a ticket logged for some time now regarding digital learning, where certain modules in the SCORM file would not mark as complete. Would be interested to know if yours has been fixed yet!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We use an American Red Cross SCORM module for first aid and CPR hybrid training. It’s hosted in a third-party SCORM cloud. This is mandatory employee training, and we test the skills in a classroom setting. Users prefer the SCORM module to the 5-hour classroom delivery. 

Based on feedback from users, we believe the Docebo connection to the SCORM provider times out after an hour or so. The elapsed time recorded by Docebo appears to stop well short of the estimated time. Any further progress and completion by the user go unrecorded in Docebo, so the user sees a completion message from the SCORM and also sees an in progress marker in Docebo. 

We have set Docebo to the maximum wait time before user log out, which IIRC is 4 hours. 

Red Cross assures us their SCORM module is well-behaved. We didn’t have this issue on our previous LMS. 

I’m going to put in a Docebo support ticket today, as we need this Red Cross module. 

Any thoughts? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just throwing thoughts out there - has the URL that Red Cross uses for their SCORM changed since you used it with the last LMS?  Maybe you need to make sure your IT puts that URL domain on the allow list for your network?  (but then if there was an issue with that, you would probably have folks not being able to access the course in the first place.).

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Just throwing thoughts out there - has the URL that Red Cross uses for their SCORM changed since you used it with the last LMS?  Maybe you need to make sure your IT puts that URL domain on the allow list for your network?  (but then if there was an issue with that, you would probably have folks not being able to access the course in the first place.).

A firewall issue was one of my first thoughts, but our IT hasn’t blocked cloud.scorm.com and we’ve no reports that sound like a blocking issue. 

Also, 20% of our users are using mobile browsers, mostly through cell towers.

The URL is stable - it does pull up the training reliably. It’s the messaging between Docebo and cloud.scorm.com that appears to be a problem, at least to me. I’m not familiar with the SCORM protocols, but I’ve assumed that SCORM uses standard http messaging in both directions.